Blue Water Bridge is a major international crossing over the St. Clair
River at the southern end of Lake Huron. Located between Port Huron and
Sarnia, Ontario connecting both Interstate 94 and Interstate 69 with Highway
402, it is one of the fastest links between the Midwest and Ontario.
The bridge was originally built in 1938. A second span was completed and opened in 1997, with the original span redecked, refurbished and reopened in 1999. Now, this major international facility is an even more efficient trade link, with one, three-lane span each for eastbound and westbound traffic.
vehicle tolls run $1.50. On each side of the bridge are a number of
facilities including Currency and Duty Free Shops.