Photo supplied by DeTour Reef Light Preservation Society
DeTour Reef Lighthouse was built in 1931 over open water at the west entrance of St. Mary's River on Lake Huron. The current structure replaced the original lights, but still houses the lens and lantern used since 1902. Virtually unscathed by the elements, the light's white steel tower rises in three distinctive levels from its concrete platform. Walkways enclosed by black iron fencing surround both the upper levels. An orange steel dome caps the light at the top.
For more information on The Detour
Reef Lighthouse go to http://www.drlps.com/