Ontario's oldest and most historic lighthouses, the Goderich Mian Light
has served mariners since 1847. Situated on a bluff above Lake Huron,
the white square tower, with its red lantern and trim, guides vessels
safely in and out of Goderich Harbor. At only thirty-five feet tall, the
Goderich light is dwarfed by its neighboring lights, but continues to
be operational. The grounds are open to the public.
Directions: From Highway 21 in Goderich, turn west onto East Street. Go halfway around the Town Square and continue along West Street and then Cobourg Street to the lighthouse.