Set beneath the majestic Niagara Escarpment, the Lion's Head Lighthouse endured more hardships than the mariners it was built to protect. The original tower was destroyed by a storm on the bay in 1913. It was replaced by a sturdier successor set at the end of the harbor breakwater, where it remained until it was removed from duty in 1967 and in 1969 it was replaced by a light on a steel pole. A group of high school students built a replica of the lighthouse in its place overlooking the beautiful port.
From Highway 6 near Ferndale, take County Road 9 (Lion's Head Road).
When in the town of Lion's Head follow Main, Scott and Helen streets
to the lighthouse.